In the overwhelming majority of cases, the main task of sites for business is sales: directly, if it is an online store, or indirectly – if it is, for example, a website-representation or a corporate site. At the same time, website design for business very much influences their future success. Website design is a collection of graphic elements, fonts and colors implemented on the site.
The main task of the site design is the unification of all information blocks and the formation of a pleasant impression on the visitor. In fact, the design sets the general style of your site, helps the visitor at first sight understand what is waiting for him here. A well-designed design is one of the most important factors determining the attendance of your web page.
When developing the design of an online project, you need to pay attention to the following questions:
- Visual design.
- Exclusivity and originality of the site
- Compliance with the site technical requirements.
Design Tips for a Successful Website:
- Having a strategy. No matter how beautiful the site was, if the user does not understand its purpose, he will admire and leave, so nothing and not buying. Therefore, the design should clearly tell the visitor about where it got, what it can do and why it should be delayed.
- Ease of use. Usability covers many parameters, from download speed to navigation convenience and search availability, here are the main ones: – Know your user level (the site with which you can build mathematical models will differ greatly from the online store with clothes).
- Use already known models (if the user does not understand how to use the site menu, then he is unlikely to take time to its content).
- Create a visual hierarchy (show the user what is most important and clearly separate the blocks of text to make it easier to view).
- Do not complicate (if something can be done even easier – do it).
3. Presence of style. A good site matches existing marketing materials of the company, corporate colors and values. At the same time, it respects the laws of composition and intelligently uses empty space. It awakens the user the necessary feelings: reliability, joy, confidence, compassion – depending on the company’s goals.
4. Quality of content. It consists of two indicators: readability and usefulness. If the useful content is unreadable, then the user will never know how valuable it was. At the same time, uninteresting content, which is not useful, will not save even the best design.
5. Can I trust this site? A corporate site, where only the e-mail address is indicated as a means of communication, causes distrust among users. Blogs, whose authors do not know anything, seem unreliable. Stores that do not tell us anything about payment methods and delivery do not receive orders.
Stages of professional web design:
Let’s take a closer look at what stages the process of creating a website consists of. A detailed understanding of the process of creating a site will give us the opportunity to determine who does what at each stage and who from this is called a web designer.
- Technical task (TT). Based on a clear understanding of the purpose for which the site is being created, the volume of the site, its functionality, the main parameters of the visual representation and structure of the site are set. The stage ends after the approval of the technical assignment by the customer. The project manager is engaged.
- Information structuring (usability). This includes the form and organization of the content of the site. Includes a wide range of questions from thinking through the logical structure of web pages to selecting the most convenient forms of information delivery. The designer, the project manager is engaged.
- Graphic design. In the graphical editor, the visual space of the site is compiled with the help of graphic elements as decoration or navigation. The actual design of the page is a graphic file. It is executed by the designer.
- Layout. For example, at this stage, the graphic picture is cut into separate elements and using HTML and CSS technologies is transformed into code that can be viewed using a browser. It is executed by the encoder, the programmer.
- Web mastering. At this stage, actions are taken to facilitate the distribution and effective delivery of the site through the network. Includes hosted hosting and search engine optimization. Implemented by the administrator, webmaster.